▪ Linguine — ½ lbs
▪ Olive oil — 2 Tbsp
▪ Clam sauce
▪ Baby Scallops — ½ lbs
▪ Parmesan — ½ cup shredded
Review Making Pasta
1. Put a very large pot of water on to boil for pasta. Add 1 tsp salt. Cover.
2. Defrost scallops (if not defrosted already) by resting sealed package in warm water for a few minutes.
3. Toss dry pasta in a little olive or canola oil. When water is at a full boil, add pasta and stir a few times as pot returns to soft boil. Leave it alone to cook, uncovered, over med heat. Adjust temperature as needed to keep it at a simmer or low boil. Set timer for 9 minutes.
4. In large frying pan, reheat clam sauce over very low heat. Add scallops and cook 2-3 minutes.
5. When pasta is cooked through, 9-10 minutes, it should be cooked through (not hard on the inside) but still chewy. Strain pasta and add to frying pan. You can even add some of the pasta water if you want to thin out the sauce a little. Toss to coat in sauce, 1 minute.
6. Serve and top with shredded Parmesan.