▪ Chicken thighs, bone-in — 8
▪ Canola oil — 3 Tbsp
▪ Sauce pack
▪ White rice — 1 cup
▪ Canola oil
▪ Water — 2 cups
In advance: If frozen, defrost chicken thighs.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Rinse chicken thighs and pat dry. (Don’t worry about trimming off fat. It will dissolve in cooking.) Lightly salt and pepper.
3. Pre-heat a large frying pan over med-high heat. Brown chicken thighs in a few tablespoons of oil and place, skin side up, in glass or other heavy baking dish.
4. Top chicken with sauce and bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes at 425 degrees.
5. Add 1 tsp oil to dry rice and stir until rice is lightly coated. Put 2 c. water and ¼ tsp salt in heavy saucepan with tight fitting lid. Add rice and stir. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then immediately turn down to simmer. Cover and let simmer at lowest heat for 14 minutes.
6. When chicken is done cooking, cover loosely with foil and let sit 5 minutes before serving with rice.