▪ Chicken legs – 2 lbs
▪ Buffalo sauce – 2 cups
▪ Butter – 1 stick
▪ Celery sticks
▪ Blue cheese dressing – 2 cups
In advance: If frozen, defrost chicken legs.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Rinse chicken legs and pat dry. (Don’t worry about trimming off fat. It will dissolve in cooking.)
3. Melt 1 stick of butter. Place chicken and butter in oven-safe baking dish.
4. Top chicken with buffalo sauce and bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes at 425 degrees.
5. When chicken is done cooking, cover loosely with foil and let sit 5 minutes before serving with celery and blue cheese dressing.
Note: If you want chicken to be less spicy hot, pour all the liquid from the pan into a tall measuring cup or bowl and skim all the oil/fat from the butter and chicken into a separate container. Hot pepper is oil soluble, so much of the spicy hot will stay with the oil, leaving the chicken gravy.