▪ Roasted chicken 1.5 lbs
▪ Mushrooms – 8 oz
▪ Sherry cream sauce
▪ Puff pastry 1 sheet
In advance: Puff pastry should be thoroughly defrosted.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Very lightly butter or cooking spray a cookie sheet. Unfold puff pastry and cut into 4 squares. Place squares 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
2. Slice mushrooms and fry over very high heat in a little canola oil, until thoroughly browned.
3. When oven is thoroughly preheated, bake pastry squares 10 minutes or until puffed up, flaky and light brown on top.
4. Add chicken meat to mushrooms and saute just until hot.
5. Add sherry cream sauce and bring to a very low simmer, but do not boil.
6. Serve chicken and mushrooms in cream sauce over pastry.